Where to find Golden Seeds in Elden Ring will be one of the most commonly asked questions while playing the game. This consumable item grants you additional flask charges for your HP and FP. You’ll use the same item for upgrading the Flask of Crimson Tears and Flask of Cerulean Tears. In this guide, we’ll show you the Golden Seed Map Locations in Elden Ring and how to increase the number of Sacred Flask uses.
Add Charge to Flask – How to Increase Number of Flask Uses in Elden Ring
When you start the game, you have four flask charges. Three charges are for your health flask and one for your mana flask. To increase the total number of flask charges, you need to get a special item called Golden Seed. Once you get it, you need to visit a Site of Grace and there will be an option there to manage flasks.
Pick the “Add charge to flask” option, and the game will ask you whether you are certain that you want to use Golden Seeds to increase your number of flask uses. You need one Golden Seed for the first two upgrades. For the next two, you need two seeds per upgrade, three for the two charges after that, and so on.
We still haven’t figured out the maximum and total number of charges and Golden Seeds you need, because of the game’s enormity. As soon as we know, we’ll update this guide.
Elden Ring Golden Seed locations
The Golden Seeds are scattered throughout the Elden Ring map and you’ll usually have to kill a boss or complete some side story before you can find them. They are hidden at the base of an illusory tree; thus, while wandering through the game world, always look for the golden trees. In the list below, we’ll share with you the all locations where you can find the seeds.
- The easiest way to obtain this item is at the start of the game, where you can choose a Golden Seed as one of the Keepsakes, aka starting gifts. We highly recommend this choice.
- The second place is near the entrance to Stormhill. You will see a golden tree next to the road.
- For the next one, you’ll have to complete the Roderika questline. You’ll find her in a house near the Stormhill Shack waypoint. As you progress through Stormveil Castle and reach Rampart Tower, you will come across a spider mini-boss in one of the rooms. To the right of the room with the spider, you will see a troll hanging upside down and two dogs. There are three items in this room, and one of them is the Chrysalids’ Memento. Once you collect this item, go back to Stormhill Shack and talk to Roderika. She will be grateful and tell you to meet her in Roundtable Hall, where she’ll reward you with another Golden Seed.
- During the main story, you’ll reach and discover the Secluded Cell lost grace in Stormveil Castle. A few steps from the spawn location, you can choose to turn right and face Godrick the Grafted boss, or turn left and fight the Giant mini-boss. Once you defeat the mini-boss, you’ll see a golden tree in the garden.
- Your next destination is near the Weeping Peninsula lost grace, on the road towards Morne Castle. You’ll see an illusory tree surrounded by high rock walls. Mount your horse, look for the lowest part of the wall, and jump over it.
- In the Stranded Graveyard, you’ll come across a white fog barrier. Use your Stonesword Key and start the journey. On your way down toward the end of the Fringefolk Hero’s Grave, you’ll have to run faster than a huge scythed chariot. At the end of your road, a yellow fog barrier with a secret boss called the Ulcerated Tree Spirit will be waiting for you. Defeat the boss and collect your reward.
- Greyoll’s Dragonbarrow is the northernmost part of the Caelid map. The fastest way to visit this location is by using a Sending gate teleport next to the Third Church of Marika, on the border between the Limgrave and Caelid areas. You can also mount your horse and reach the location marked on the screenshot below.
Very early in your exploration of Elden Ring world you will find out that you need to prepare your character for different tasks. You'll need to learn how to use Ashes of War, how to two-hand weapons, or use magic spells during the course of your adventures. Many secrets are also waiting for you, such as, a hostile NPC Sellen that doesn't let you see her shop, an invisible man in a bush, or a huge turtle with a bell that lets you duplicate some very important items.